Things to Carry List /Treck
TO CARRY during TREKKING :
- Sleeping Bags ( Note there are 2 main varieties of sleeping bags. One is more woolen, for this trek the woolen one is required). We took Wild-craft ones which cost around Rs 2000
- Sleeping Mats ( You get mats from Rs 100 onwards to Rs 300 / Adventure Sports and Wild-craft both have a wide variety)
- Trekking shoes ( There is nothing called special trek issues. Its whatever you are comfortable with for at least 20 kms on difficult terrain. As a thumb rule stick to comfortable sneakers/running shoes/basketball shoes that have a good grip). Ensure shoes are not very old or very new.
- Additional shoe laces 1 pair. Glue/fevi stick to do repairs if needed. ( Shoes are most important part of journey)
- Socks – few pairs depending on how your feet smells,gets wet.
- Rucksack that can carry various stuff on all sides ( Again Adventure Sports /Wild-craft Rs 1000 onwards you get a lot of variety.)
- Carry raincoat with cap facility and that can be easily worn with the rucksack on your back.
- Adequate clothing. Cargos are best. Jeans are not bad,else any other comfortable clothing including undergarments. No woolen clothes required during the trek. Jackets are required at night and early morning because its very cold.
- Slippers , to walk around and give rest to feet after a day long trek
- Torch. Else your day ends with sunset.
- Watch/mobile/ etc to give alarms , keep note of time/date etc. Mobiles can be switched off to save battery. Most of them still ring alarms.
- Swiss knifes with functions like knives,openers,scissors etc.
- Good leak proof water bottles to fill and drink spring water. One can carry enery drinks or mix something like Glucon D to get energy.\
- Snacks like chocolates/chocolates which provide easy energy, bubble gums which help to build stamina.
- Chocolates/gums to share with kids on the route
- Lighter/match boxes, candles etc to aid in cooking/smoking etc if required.
- Ensure your camera is working smooth without problems. Ensure that the straps are perfect and will hold when you walk fast
- Ensure you have sufficient memory cards, multiple batteries as there are no places either to buy new or download it,no electricity to charge batteries.
- Ensure you have a good camera bag to keep these things handy. I also see many people use it with belt pouches to also keep money etc.However its best to distribute money on different pockets and also keep some in the bags with porters.
- Liquid soap / shampoo/paper soaps ( make sure its not a glass bottle that cna break). Shampoo can double up as liquid soap.
- Toilet paper
- Hair oil/ moisturizer/deo etc
- Sunscreen lotion to avoid too much sunburn. Sunglasses with UV protection.
- Toothpaste/toothbrush/shaving kit etc
- Body ache/head ache etc
- Diarrhoea/ amoebic infections , digestion problems etc.
- Sprains of neck , waist ,backbone etc.
- Injury of cuts, wounds etc.
- Zeoline etc to clean water
- Nausea, general sickness of mountains
For package Cost , bookings, making payments and other queries, please feel free to Contact Us